Our hearts go out to everyone who have been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) going through our community and nation. We are here to support you and your pets through this difficult time. To provide the best support we are monitoring the situation and carefully following the guidelines put forward by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OiE).
We have no plans for closure at this time and we are still offering all services including all inpatient and outpatient services, surgery and dentistry. Unless the CDC or Washington State department of Health or Spokane Regional Health District issue recommendations stating otherwise, we will continue to offer care for patients with medical or surgical needs.
In effort to keep everyone safe, we have implemented the following measures:
- Thoroughly disinfecting the hospital on an hourly basis.
- Limiting the number of people in the lobby by asking clients to wait in the car and call us when they are here for an appointment. Then we will immediately get them into a room if you would like to come in.
For clients who are worried about potential exposure, simply call ahead and utilize the following curbside services:
- Picking up medications or food
- Drop off and pick up for inpatient & outpatient services
- Parking lot appointments where we come out to you. We may need to bring your pet inside for diagnostics or treatments, which we will discuss with you at that time
- Drop off appointments where you leave your pet with us for a period of time
For clients who are feeling sick and have “flu-like” symptoms, please have someone else bring your pet and utilize the curbside services. This allows us to take extra protective measures for our staff and community while still caring for your pets. The doctor can call you after examining your pet.
To date there is no evidence that companion animals can spread the disease. We will post any updates in regard to animals and COVID-19 on our Facebook page as we receive them. To learn more about COVID-19 and how it affects your pet, please click here.
As always, please contact us by email or phone if you have any questions. We will do our best to notify everyone promptly with any changes to our service.
Thank you for your continued trust in us to keep your pets healthy.
All of us here at Mt. Spokane Veterinary Hospital