Health Certificates and Coggins

In many travel situations, your horse will need a health certificate. We can perform the proper examination and issue you a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. These certificates will require an up to date Coggin test, which is required every 6-12 months for out-of state travel. We can help you determine if a new Coggin is necessary. To leave Washington state, a brand inspection is required. You will need to contact the local brand inspector to have this done.

 Coggin (EIA) Test:   This is a blood test to evaluate for Equine Infectious Anemia, which is caused by a retrovirus very similar to the human immunodeficiency virus. The Coggin test is used to diagnose this disease and is required for health certificates.